All the flavors and tastiness of cheesesteak, without the bread!
Such an indulgent treat…that I wouldn’t mind eating EVERY week!
One of the BEST things I’ve tasted in a while.
Here’s the Recipe By @cleanfoodcrush
makes about 5 servings
- 1 large cauliflower head, sliced to 3/4 inch thick as shown
- ghee or avocado oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian seasonings
- 8 oz fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme to garnish
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f.
Spray baking sheets with cooking oil.
Place the cauliflower slices onto a large baking sheet. They need lots of space between them, and shouldn’t overlap so use 2 large baking sheets if needed.
Brush each side of the cauliflower steaks lightly with the avocado oil, and season with sea salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings.
Roast for 20-25 minutes in your preheated oven, until nice and golden brown on the sides, flipping once during roasting time.
In a mixing bowl add mushrooms, minced garlic, a pinch of sea salt and pepper, then toss to coat well.
Spread mushroom mixture on another baking sheet, sprayed with oil, and bake for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven.
Once done, remove the pans from the oven. Sprinkle roasted cauliflower steaks with cheese and top the cheese with roasted mushrooms & garlic mixture.
Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle with fresh thyme and enjoy!