Shawarma is one of the most popular middle eastern cuisine, It’s made by roasting a cone of meat on a vertical spit. To serve, the meat is shaved off the cone and wrapped in flatbread or a pita bread It’s really delicious,
if you want to make a simple chicken shawarma with tender, smokey and flavorful chicken you can use this recipe below
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsps yogurt
- 2 tbsps oil
- 8-10 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 8-10 parsley leaves
- 12-15 green olive slices
- Pickle beetroot as required
- 4 tbsps aioli + for drizzling
- Grilled pita triangles for garnish
- Microgreens for garnish
- 1. Place the chicken on a plate, sprinkle salt, cumin powder, crushed black peppercorns, allspice, paprika powder, onion powder, garlic paste, and yogurt. Rub the spices well and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a non-stick grill pan, place the marinated chicken and cook on high heat for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- 3. Reduce the flame and cook till the chicken is cooked completely. Take it off the heat and allow resting for 5-10 minutes.
- 4. Tear romaine lettuce leaves and add them in a bowl, add carrot, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, tear parsley and add it to the bowl. Add green olives, pickled beetroot, and aioli. Mix well.
- 5. Slice the cooked chicken breasts and set aside.
- 6. In a serving plate, place the prepared salad, place a few grilled pita triangles, and place the sliced chicken on top and drizzle aioli on top.
- 7. Garnish with micro greens and serve.