This Easy Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is the belly-warming goodness in late of august, The recipe is plant-based, gluten-free, creamy and flavorful. You will only need one pan to cook this easy to make comfort dish.
If you love mushroom then you should try this recipes
- 1 onion diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 11 oz mushrooms, sliced (300 g)
- 4 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or water (180 ml)
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk or cream (180 ml)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, a pinch of chili flakes, sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Fresh thyme leaves and/or parsley (and/or tarragon), chopped
- Serve with brown rice or pasta of choice
- Heat oil in a large pan/skillet, add onion and fry for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Now add the mushrooms and fry over medium heat for about 5 mins.
- Pour in white wine (optional), vegetable broth, tamari (or soy sauce), and the spice mixture. add nutritional yeast flakes as well but that’s optional! Bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch to the plant-based milk or cream (ela used canned coconut milk, however, almond milk, oat milk/cream or soy milk/cream is fine too) and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the milk/cream mixture into the pan and cook on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasonings as to your preference.
- Add fresh thyme leaves and/or parsley and/or tarragon to taste! Enjoy with brown rice or pasta of choice!