Want a simple recipes that you can make for dinner with your family? Here’s a great vegan fettucine alfredo, here’s the recipe
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles (or pasta of choice)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups filtered water
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1.Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the boiling water. Add the fettuccine noodles (or your choice of pasta). Cook for 11 minutes or follow the directions on your pasta box.
- 2.Meanwhile in a large pan over medium heat, add oil and sauté garlic and onions for 6 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt then add mushrooms and sauté for 7 minutes.
- 3.In a high speed blender combine raw cashews and filtered water. Blend on high speed for 1 minute or until fully smooth. Pour cashew milk over mushrooms and bring heat to low. Simmer for 3 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- 4.Add the nutritional yeast, tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the sauce, mix then once noodles are cooked, using tongs transfer the noodles straight from the pot to the sauce. Add 1/2 cup of hot pasta water to the pasta and mix all together until noodles are fully coated with sauce.
- 5.Finish off with freshly cracked pepper, a pinch of salt if needed and chopped fresh parsley.
- *Tips: You can add vegan parmesan on top. If you would like to make the sauce a little more rich, you can add 1-2 tbsp vegan butter, so tastyyy! Lastly feel free to add any other veggies or add ins besides the mushrooms.