INGREDIENTS (Servings 4):
- •1/3 cup olive oil.
- •2 tablespoons basil pesto,(homemade or store bought).
- •2 tablespoons lemon juice,(adjust to your tastes).
- •1-2 tablespoons water, (optional — for a thinner consistency).
- •2 teaspoons garlic, minced.
- •1 teaspoon salt.
- •cracked pepper, to taste.
- •4 (1 pound or 500g) skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts).
- •4 cups Romaine, or Cos lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- •1 large cucumber, diced
- •1 cup grape (or cherry) tomatoes, diced
- •1/2 red onion, sliced
- •1 avocado, sliced
- •1/2 cup crumbled feta
- •Lemon wedges, to serve
- •2 tablespoons extra pesto, to serve
- •2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or parsley, to garnish
- 1.Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the dressing into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining UNTOUCHED marinade to use as a dressing later.
- 2.Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- 3.Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- 4.Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges, extra basil pesto AND chopped basil or parsley, to garnish.
_ Calories: 346 Kcal.
_ Fat: 31g.
_ Carbohydrates: 11g.
_ Protein: 6g.