Spicy Shrimp served with quinoa skillet anyone?
- •1 lb. raw Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- •1 Tbsp ghee, coconut oil, or avocado/olive oil.
- •1 tsp cajun seasoning.
- •3 fresh garlic cloves, pressed.
- •2 1/4 cups bone broth, or stock (chicken, veggetable stock…your choice).
- •2-3 large tomatoes, chopped.
- •3 Tbsps fresh lemon juice.
- •1 jalapeno, finely chopped.
- •Sea salt and pepper, to your taste.
- •1 cup uncooked quinoa.
- •1 stalk of green onion, finely chopped to garnish.
- 1.Heat the ghee, or oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2.In a small bowl, combine the shrimp with cajun seasoning, sea salt and pepper, Toss well to coat.
- 3.Add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet and cook on both sides until opaque. Set aside.
- 4.Add garlic to the pan and stir until fragrant, then add tomatoes and broth.
- 5.Bring to a simmer then lower the heat.
- 6.Add quinoa, stir, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until quinoa is just done.
- 7.Stir in lemon juice, chopped green onion, jalapeno and cooked shrimp.
- 8.Cook until shrimp are heated through again, just a minute or so.